Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Is it really that hard?

Every day for some people is a grind. Many days, lately, "some people" has been me. Working 2 jobs has been no fun, and the money never seems to go far enough. No time to spend with my family. Cars breaking down, appliances to fix.

And that's when I ask - is it really that hard? Daylight savings time screwed many things up, and not just my computers. But the sleep schedule and the morning routine and the night routine. It's Wednesday, and I am still sleepy. Sigh.

It's at this point when my traditional upbringing starts playing the voice recording, "Only things that are hard are worth having" - or something like that. And when I think of all the stuff going on, I think that my life is hard.

But then I realize that I am healthy, my wife and kids are healthy and we all like each other (most of the time). We have a reasonable lifestyle, and rarely go without what we want for long. Do we take big vacations - no. But we do have 4 kids in a good private school and live in a nice neighborhood.

Compared to many here in my hometown, much less those in third world countries, it's not that hard.

It's actually really easy.

No comments: