Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh to be an Apple employee

As you can tell by this link to The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW for those who are Apple fans), Tulsa - my hometown - is finally getting an Apple Store!

For about 2 years ifoApplestore (the absolute source for all things about Apple's retail efforts) it has stated that Tulsa would have an Apple store at Woodland Hills Mall, Oklahoma's largest mall, sometime in 2007. But this hadn't been corroborated by any other site, until now.

Even the local paper (Tulsa World) had a business briefing about it in Sunday's edition (3/25)!

Finally!

For many, many years I have wanted to be an Apple Computer employee. I appreciate their products, and have long been an evangelist for Apple's MacOS in my sphere of influence. Heck, I was even a network admin/service tech for 35 Macs at a publisher I worked for!

Even though I haven't been able to purchase the latest and greatest Apple products, I still have 4 Macs and 4 iPods in my family. I was even one of the early adopters of the iPod, purchasing a 1st generation iPod BEFORE it was Windows compatible!

And now Apple is coming to Tulsa!

Time to get that resume together and see if I have what it takes to even make the first cut. I have a theory that someone who confesses to being an Apple evangelist in public won't be touched by the company as an employee. Too much publicity about an individual for a company so notoriously secretive.

Time to put it to the test! Going to Apple.com/jobs right away!

1 comment:

Real Mikey said...

I started out coding on Macs in 1989 - pretty cool job. Like the blog... regards from Amsterdam.