Monday, March 19, 2007

Working the weekend

Being a married father of 4 kids leaves little time to do much other than what needs to be done.

What does that mean? That means, as a person committed to a viable marriage and rearing four children into responsible adults, one is left with little unoccupied time, other than time set aside for sleep.

Now before anyone reads this and thinks that I am going to go on a rant about not having any time "for myself" let me stop you before you leave. I am NOT going to do that.

I'm just going to talk about what life is like being busy from waking up 'til going to sleep.

Also, I am very aware that my life is not unusual.

I am blessed to have a wife who is more than helpful with our parenting responsibilities. So, its not as if I am a single parent. Single parents deserve any extra blessing that comes their way. I can barely make it happen as a married parent.

All of that said - holy smokes! What a weekend. Busy, busy, busy. Friday night - work function, followed by softball practice. Saturday - work in the garage, work the second job, concert & babysit. Sunday - worship, NAP!, work in the garage (some more), feed the frenzy.

Now, I doubt I was as efficient as could be. But that's beside the point. It's remarkable how much we try to cram into our lives. And it's not even soccer season or basketball season! Yikes.

But, hey, I did get to watch some of the NCAA tournament, view the last 39 laps of the Nascar race on Sunday and assisted while my wife made some serious progress in organizing our storage room, errr, garage. So it was productive.

And that's my point. Are we allowed to complain if our time "off" is productive? Or is that whining?

I'm sensitive to whining. I don't like it. Don't want to be perceived as whining.

So I guess I'll just shut up.

Have a great week.

No comments: